If you’re a dog owner, you probably already know just how awesome dogs are. They fill your life with love, loyalty, fur and plenty of reasons to smile. Here are just a few more of the amazing and adorable reasons why dogs are the best pets in the world:
1. They’ll greet you like you’ve been gone a century when you only went out for a five-minute trip to the store.
2. They keep your bed warm for you when it gets cold at night.
3. Dogs will watch TV with you without hogging the remote.
4. Dogs find the greatest joy in even the simplest of things, like a ride in the car.
5. Dogs are the best because, unlike people (and most cats), they love you unconditionally.
6. They take awesome selfies.
7. According to a study by Nova School of Business and Economics, dogs in the workplace can lower stress, improve communication, and foster social cohesion when a flexible organizational culture is in place.
8. Dogs will inspire you to stop and sniff the flowers.
9. Dogs make the best workout partners. They’ll motivate you to get up and get moving but won’t make you feel guilty when you just want to crash on the couch.
10. In fact, according to a study from the American Heart Association Council, owning a dog may even protect you from the risks of heart disease.
11. Dogs are willing to put aside their differences and live in peace, even with their natural-born enemies.
12. Owning a dog can help kids learn about responsibility and empathy.
13. A dog’s sense of smell is so highly evolved, according to a study by Experimental Biology, that dogs can pick out blood samples from people with cancer with almost 97% accuracy.
14. They love to snuggle and they’re the best at it.
15. Dogs always seem to know when you’re feeling blue — and they’ll gladly share their favorite toy to cheer you up.
16. They know how to make a big splash.
17. According to a study funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), having a family dog can actually help prevent kids from developing allergies.
18. Dogs have some amazing athletic skills.
19. Dogs can help you socialize and encourage you to get out and explore.
20. Dogs will give you something to laugh and smile about every day.
21. Whether you’re roughing it or enjoying a plush hotel, dogs make great travel companions.
22. Slobbery dog kisses are actually awesome.
23. Dogs make celebrating holidays even more fun.
24. They can make boring chores, like laundry, more enjoyable just by being adorable.
25. Every day is an adventure when you share your life with a dog.
For more on why dogs are awesome, check out 15 Reasons That Life With Dogs Is the Best Way to Live.